Monday 1 April 2013

Monthly Favourites | March.

Look world, something good has come out of the countless hours I spend watching beauty and fashion vloggers on YouTube- I've been inspired to do a 'Monthly Favourites' post! 

If you haven't come across this type of thing before, it's pretty much all in the name- this post is about a few of the things I've really loved in the past 30 days or so.

☀ March Monthly Favourites 

Favourite purchase: Nike shoes.
This month I finally bought a new pair of runners and oh my lord, they are pretty. I had been looking for a great new pair for months but a mixture of my notoriously indecisive personality and  the shoe stores not having my sizes meant that I could never settle on a pair. Until I saw these babies, that is!

$80 from The Foot Locker.

I'm not going to lie- I have never been a fan of white shoes, especially those of the trainer variety, since one would assume that they would get dirty quite easily. But the lady in the shop told me they would clean up well so I put all my faith in her honesty and bought them. They are incredibly comfortable and supportive, a vast difference from my previous hand-me-down trainers that left me with a sprained foot a couple weeks back. 

Favourite song: Resentment - Beyonce' [Live].


The emotion Beyonce' puts into this song is just absolutely heartbreaking and yet so empowering at the same time. I judge great music by its capacity to make me feel emotions I have never experienced, and if you were to ever witness me belting out this song you would be forgiven for thinking I had been betrayed by a boyfriend at some point in my life. Alas, Beyonce is just an incredible performer and my love life is non-existent. But all the cars next to me at the traffic lights definitely think I'm capable of getting a boyfriend. Thanks, Queen B.

Side note: Who do you even cheat on Beyonce with? Thinking of a situation in which this might occur baffles me to no end.

Favourite make up product: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.



Yet another influence of my obsessive YouTube watching ways. I was waiting eagerly for my other foundations to run out before buying this since I had heard so many good things about it from the beauty vloggers I subscribe to. I was previously using a Revlon Colour Stay foundation, which I loved, but I definitely think I prefer this one. It finishes quite matte on the skin and stays on for a very long time. It also gives you a lot of coverage for a small amount of product, which is always great. 

A better review from someone much more qualified than I am can be found on the incredible Tanya Burr's blog here, for those of you who are interested.

Favourite food: Strawberry and feta salad.


Ingredients:
Cos lettuce [or other lettuce of choice].
Baby spinach.
Strawberries.
Feta cheese.
1-2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar.

I have been eating this in extremely large quantities all month and I have absolutely no intention of stopping any time soon. As you can see with the ingredients above, it's incredibly quick and simple to make which is always a plus for when you don't have much time to pack a lunch for school/work/a day out but want something filling and refreshing. And it's so healthy! Definitely better than a microwave meal or take out food and probably just as quick to prepare!

It's 2am and looking at this photo is making me want to devour a serving right now, so I need to move on to a new topic. Just try it. It's basically the food equivalent of heaven.

Favourite YouTube video:



Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake- History of Rap 4.

It's a good thing that this video doesn't need any words because I don't have any.


I think that's it for this month, guys. If you do monthly favourite posts as well, it would be great if you could link them in the comments because I absolutely love reading them!

Hope you've enjoyed this post! xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment